Thursday, November 11, 2010

Changes in American Lit

To start, I really don't have any major problems with American Lit.  The only thing I can't keep up with is the blog and comments every week.  Don't get me wrong it is a good thing and a good way to express ideas and find out other students ideas on the same subjects but I mean sometimes I just forget to do them by Friday.  Maybe if we could get the weekend, like until Sunday night to have them done it wouldn't be such a problem.  I'm not exactly sure why this is a problem, I think maybe because there's so much going on during the week and other teachers give out so much more unnecessary homework, then I don't really get a chance to get it done.  Or maybe I'm just soo tired after having practice so long after school then coming home to do other home work and studying then I just forget that I have to get on the computer and do this.  If it were due on a Sunday night on the other hand, I think I will have a better chance at getting my blog done.
Other than the blogs,  I think we should have our vocab test and our tests once we finish reading a book separately.  That way we can have more test grades and a better opportunity to do well in the test category.  Since we only had one test this quarter if we were to do bad on it, we wouldn't have had an opportunity to make that grade up on any other tests so that we can get a better percentage in that category.  I guess it doesn't really matter if we just study and read the book then we won't really have an issue with this, but for people like me who have very little time during the school week and at that manages their time very badly than studying and doing homework sometimes really become a major issue for me, especially on those long days when I get really tired.
Overall I think I like this class a little better than it may seem, it doesn't really ask for too much out of you and it really challenges you to think outside of the box.  Also it allows you to voice your opinions so that others may hear you and put up a good argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment