Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Time I Knew I Was An American

I seem to believe that compared to all of the other countries, America does try to make life more convient and easy for everybody that lives here.  I knew I was an American as soon as I started to grow up with the family that I have.  I have a typical American family.  I say this because my family does everything they can to spoil their children, and just as they say Americans are spoiled.  I feel as though I have almost everything I could ever want as a teenager.  I'm pretty sure I remember getting everything I ask for when I was little.  Well at lease the realistic things in life.  This may sound crazy, but besides doing well in school, which really shouldn't count, I have never had to work really hard for the things that my family "rewarded" me with.  It was just the other day when I walked into the store with my grandpa, and he offered to buy me so many things.  He kept asking me if I wanted this thing or that thing.  Finally I said ok I want this, are you going to buy it is the question.  Then he told me it was what ever I wanted, if I wanted it he would buy it.  Now there's a spoiled child for you.  But don't mistake me for a "brat".  In my oppinion, I don't really ask for much and I don't throw "fits" or whine about the things that I don't get.  Also if my mom says no I won't go to my dad and ask the same thing because I know he will probably say yes.  I learned the definition of what it meant to be spoiled early because of my family.  Now that I know what spoiled is, I really do think that not just me but all Americans are spoiled.

1 comment:

  1. I am also spoiled. I get basicaly everything I want within reason. It may take a while to get it but eventually i get it. My mother says that I am a brat. Honestly i think she doesnt know the true meaning of brat because i never beg or get mad when i cant get something.

    ReplyDelete